Volunteer opportunities are available for individuals who are 18 years of age or older and willing to commit a minimum of three hours a month for at least six months. Volunteer shifts are Monday-Friday; 8 a.m.-5 p.m. Individuals interested in volunteering at CTRC should complete the volunteer application and the Non-Employee Appointment Form then call (210) 450-5574 to schedule an interview.
- Information Desk Volunteers: Greet patients and visitors, direct them to appropriate area, and provide general assistance when needed (Volunteer Shifts: 8 a.m.-5 p.m.)
- Patient Guides: Assist Patients and nurses in Chemotherapy Treatment Areas (Volunteer Shifts: 8 a.m.-5 p.m.)
- Special event volunteers: Educational events, fundraising events, survivor retreat, etc.
- Wellness Center volunteers: Looking for people with special expertise to teach classes (Yoga, Tai Chi, etc)
- Handmade blankets or small neck pillows for patients to use while being treated (then they can take them home)
- Donations of hats
- Small simple craft kits with instructions, which can be used by patients while receiving treatment
- Puzzles, word game books, playing cards, checkers, etc.
- Cancer Center Council